BARISTA - full-time/part-time
J5 Coffee is looking for happy and humble people who care about the work they do and the people they serve. If you love our little Bavarian Village and would enjoy providing impeccable customer service to locals and visitors alike, you should apply! A love of coffee is a must, but you don’t have to have barista experience. We are most interested in who you are, what you care about and who you want to be.
- Deliver exemplary customer service by promoting an excellent experience for customers and coworkers. This will require you welcome and connect with every customer every time.
- Work as a team to serve a selection of delicious coffees in a variety of different brewing methods including but not limited to: espresso, pour over, and cold brew.
- Educate customers about our drinks, treats, and other products.
- Serve as a resource for people wanting to develop or improve coffee-tasting skills and knowledge.
- Maintain positivity and enthusiasm at all times.
- Ensure that a quality product is being served to customers each and every time.
- Have a clear knowledge of all retail items.
- Be knowledgeable about Leavenworth and the surrounding area so you can be a helpful guide and resource to visitors.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by being aware of surrounding and asking good questions.
- Serve our customers and support the team in keeping the espresso bar and shop running smoothly and beautifully - these tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, clearing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and organizing condiment station, taking out trash/recycle, retail restocking.
- Excellent verbal and thoughtful communication skills.
- Comfortable with smiling and maintaining eye contact.
- Must be positive, approachable and eager to learn.
- Passionate about being on-time and ready for work.
- Serious about your work - but you don’t take yourself too seriously :).
- Reliable and consistent - teammates and our customers can always depend on you to be punctual, looking sharp in accordance with our dress code, and bringing your ‘A’ game.
- Enjoys a challenge and seeks ways to improve your coffee skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well with a team, communicating positively with a heart for the success of the team.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding and sometimes stressful environment.
- Square POS experience is a plus.
- Available on weekends and holidays.
- Ability to obtain a Washington State Food Handlers certificate.
- Complete Barista and coffee training
- Personal and career development
- Flexible Schedule
- Full-time and Part-time opportunities
- Employee Discounts